Posted: November 1, 2012
Donald De Jong from Dalhart, Texas was elected to represent Select Milk Producers, Inc., while Larry Webster from Buffalo, New York, was elected to represent Upstate Niagara Cooperative.
The eight officers currently serving NMPF were reelected to their existing positions. They include:
· Chairman Randy Mooney, from Rogersville, Missouri, representing Dairy Farmers of America;
· First Vice Chairman Ken Nobis, from St. Johns, Michigan, representing Michigan Milk Producers Association;
· Second Vice Chairman Cornell Kasbergen, from Tulare, California, representing Land O’ Lakes, Inc.;
· Third Vice Chairman Mike McCloskey, from Fair Oaks, Indiana, representing Select Milk Producers, Inc.;
· Treasurer Pete Kappelman, from Two Rivers, Wisconsin, representing Land O’ Lakes;
· Assistant Treasurer Adrian Boer, from Jerome, Idaho, representing Northwest Dairy Association;
· Secretary Dave Fuhrmann, from Baraboo, Wisconsin, representing Foremost Farms USA;
· Assistant Secretary Doug Nuttelman, from Stromsburg, Nebraska, representing Dairy Farmers of America.
In addition to the officer elections at this year’s meeting, NMPF recognized three outgoing directors for their service on the NMPF Board of Directors: Tom Croner, from Berlin, Pennsylvania, and Les Hardesty, from Greeley, Colorado, both representing Dairy Farmers of America, and Clyde Rutherford, Syracuse, New York, representing Dairylea Cooperative. NMPF also recognized four Honorary Directors, who provided exemplary service not only to NMPF, but also to the entire dairy industry: Lew Gardner from Galeton, Pennsylvania; along with Tom Croner, Les Hardesty, and Clyde Rutherford.